|Job Type:||Full Time|
Enaex Australia (formally Downer Blasting Services) is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join the QLD team. This role will be responsible for all activities of the Engineering and Maintenance Department including governance of all Engineering systems, processes and standards. Provide support to the Operations and Manufacturing Teams to ensure project scopes, customer objectives and compliance requirements are achieved on time and on budget.
Enaex Australia has more than 20 years of experience in blasting services in both open-pit and underground mining, operating nationally across Australia, where it provides services across multiple commodities including iron ore, gold and coal. The company services the market with a fleet of over 50 explosives delivery systems, five state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 120-strong workforce. Enaex Australia is part of Enaex S.A. (“Enaex”), a subsidiary of the Sigdo Koppers Group. Enaex is a world leader in the production of industrial-grade ammonium nitrate and the most important provider of integrated rock fragmentation services in Chile and Latin America and has a broad international presence operating and exporting explosives to more than 40 countries globally.
This is a permanent opportunity based at our offices in Milton, Qld.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role you will be responsible for:
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develops, implements, and where necessary further enhances the Enaex Australia strategic plan to ensure all business outcomes are achieved.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to achieve Operational Excellence, Zero Harm and any other philosophies adopted by the Organization.
- Ensures engineering activities are managed to the highest standards of excellence and operate to targeted schedules, within budget and contractual obligations
- Support growth strategies though the provision of asset management and planning process.
- Responsible for the Enaex Australia Asset Management Process and accountable for the maintenance operations within Enaex Australia
- Accountable for Project Management of all equipment and facility build programmes
- Provide engineering governance of all systems and processes for change management and process safety of manufacturing plants and equipment.
- Ensure engineering projects are aligned with the appropriate regulations, industry standards and codes of practice.
- Ensure suppliers and contractors have the appropriate skills and abilities to provide equipment and services to the standards required by Enaex Australia and works are completed on time and within budget.
- Ownership of equipment change management process and, engineering systems and procedures.
- Ownership of fixed production plant control system & fixed process quality instruments.
- Prepare scope and budget for fixed & mobile projects and new technologies.
- Prepare project designs and scope encompassing best practises that meet client’s needs operationally and financially.
- Accountable for the development and accuracy of engineering standards for Enaex Australia & industry specific equipment.
- Accountable for engineering forecasting and cost analysis.
- Participates in, and where applicable leads, continuous improvement activities.
- Work to continuously improve the safety culture and performance.
- Compliance to Enaex Australia Safety Management Systems.
- Responsible for Plant engineering system and production plant quality audits.
To be successful in this role you will require the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in appropriate technical discipline
- Extensive experience in explosive manufacture and services (desirable) or other similar industry.
- Experience in the management of mobile and fixed plant maintenance.
- Demonstrated zero harm and quality commitment with a substantial understanding of relevant legislation and compliance and risk management issues
- Highly developed strategic skills along with the engineering and maintenance expertise to ensure the efficient management of day to day activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work across, and influence cross-functional teams to achieve meaningful outcomes.
- Expert skills in delegation, reporting and monitoring performance, and team building skills.
- A proven ability to set tough but realistic goals and objectives with success in achieving them
- Strongly developed communication, negotiation and presentation skills
For more information please contact: Brittney Moroko, Team Lead Recruitment – at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send CVs to this email address as they will not be accepted.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.