|Job Type:||Full Time|
UGL Regional Linx has been awarded the contract to Operate and Maintain the NSW Country Regional Network (CRN), commencing in January 2022.
The CRN links broad areas of regional NSW to interstate and metropolitan rail systems and in addition supports, customers transporting coal, grain, cotton, minerals and containerised freight to domestic and export markets.
As part of mobilisation, the Commercial team are seeking a Commercial Analyst in a fixed term position commencing ASAP in North Sydney for a period of up to 9 months.
We are looking for applicants that are hands on, analytical finance/ commercial professionals & someone who is collaborative in their approach, great at problem solving and can embrace a mindset of continuous improvement.
You will play a critical role in providing insights to the team to help with making strategic decisions.
- Weekly reporting and profitability analysis
- Consolidating data from multiple internal and external sources, validating and populating actual, forecast and budget reports and systems
- Conduct research on financial evaluation of subcontractors and RFPs
- Maintaining and updating existing financial models and creating new financial models and reports for reporting and evaluation purposes
- Support the commercial and procurement team in developing the financial tools for RFT packages
- Conducting financial analysis, identifying relevant drivers of business or financial issues and communicating the insights to management
- Working with the Commercial team to deliver monthly reporting including providing commentary and insights and variance analysis.
- Maintain a rolling forecast model with the latest known results.
- Deep dive data analysis to understand current and emerging trends
- 3 years post graduate experience from an accounting background
- High proficiency in excel and financial modelling capabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Understanding around head contract and subcontract management
- Knowledge of SAP is preferrable
What we offer\:
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ongoing training for career progression
- A competitive remuneration package with salary continuance insurance, employee assistance program for employees and their families, AIA Vitality wellness program and Discounts on private health insurance, vehicles, travel and more
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.