|Job Type:||Full Time|
WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Having been awarded the Canstar Blue Award for No.1 in Customer Satisfaction for online groceries, and more recently being voted the most popular Loyalty Program in Australia, we’re proud of the work we do and are being recognised for delivering innovative and best in class service that is convenient, frictionless and personalised to our customers.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
WooliesX is seeking Software Engineers to join the Last Mile tribe. The Last Mile tribe primarily focuses on systems and platforms which enable faster and efficient delivery of orders to our customers.
Reporting to the Technology Chapter Lead, you will work in a team of 2-4 engineers to build services in the Last Mile platform that powers deliveries for Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth. You’ll be working within a fast-paced team focused on solving technical, product and customer experience challenges. The successful applicant must have an innovative approach to solving problems and must demonstrate the passion and commitment to continually strive for excellence through a customer-facing lens.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Experience in agile delivery and ability to balance rapid iteration speed with continually improving the overall stability, scalability, security and modularity of the product.
- Passion for collaborating with the team and mentoring junior members of the team.
- A real desire for learning and growing, both as an engineer and teammate.
- Ability to break down complex requirements and provide estimates and solutions with associated effort vs impact tradeoffs.
- Experience in end-to-end development of scalable and resilient distributed applications entirely in the cloud (Azure/GCP/AWS).
- Recent full-stack experience building web products using C# .NET and the latest front-end technologies. AngularJS, GraphQL experience is preferred.
- Understanding code testability, experience in build pipelines and DevOps (CI/CD systems, infrastructure as code etc).
- Collaborate with your product and engineering team members, contributing and evolving ideas to deliver simple solutions to complex problems.
- Offer smart engineering ways to experiment and prototype features rapidly whilst constantly delivering customer value.
- Partner across engineering teams to design, deliver and maintain operationally efficient, robust and resilient systems that align with the tech strategy.
- Write technical documentation and ensure clean code for maintainable software.
- Empower your team members, value the success of the team as a whole and mentor and coach your fellow team members.
- Take ownership of your role, team and the solutions that the team creates.
- Set the standard for thorough and meaningful code reviews, better engineering practices and standards, improved continuous integration and delivery processes.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.