|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
PRODUCT SUPPORT ADVISOR - Hydraulic Mining Shovels | Ravensworth
About the role
As the resident expert in Caterpillar hydraulic mining shovels/excavators (6040, 6060, 6090), you will be responsible for increasing the performance, reliability and availability of the fleet by improving preventative maintenance strategy and equipment effectiveness while working to reduce customer costs.
Supported by the WesTrac Mining Sales team, you will assist the customer in operational and maintenance strategies to increase the overall fleet performance outcomes. In this position you will be the link between the customer, Caterpillar and WesTrac, completing daily, weekly and monthly reporting, and providing technical assistance and support to the customer’s site maintenance staff.
Reporting to the Reliability Manager, this position is based at the Ravensworth mine site in the Hunter Valley. This position will be offered on a full-time permanent basis, working Monday to Friday – 10 hour days. $15,000 location allowance and a company car will be provided.
- Liaise with the customer, technical services and Caterpillar to resolve emerging product issues
- Monitor equipment performance and condition to ensure best availability for life of the customers machines
- Work collaboratively with the WesTrac technical services team and customer maintenance team to ensure the best outcome for WesTrac and the customer
- Deliver continuous improvement recommendations to improve product related issues
- Arrange component failure analysis for all failed components and recommend corrective actions
Skills & Experience
- Trade qualified with significant post-trade experience
- Essential - Thorough technical knowledge of hydraulic mining shovels/excavators (6040, 6060, 6090)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information quickly
- Exhibit a committed focus to safe work and behaviour
- Advanced stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills to enable the effective resolution of issues
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- $15,000 location allowance plus company car
- Company funded income protection
- Purchased leave program
- Discounted private health plan and fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job Number: 879707.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.