At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
As a Practice Lead Security and Emergency Management you will provide leadership and expertise into the development and improvement of a security and emergency management framework that enables BHP to deliver on the Charter Value of Sustainability.
- Develops the strategy for security and emergency management to support the Business and Global Functions
- Ensure that security risks are identified, assessed and addressed within the Group’s security and emergency management framework.
- Share Global-level security plans, global security practices, emerging trends, achievements and improvement opportunities across BHP.
- Support the development of the security and emergency management component of the Global HSE strategic five year plan.
- Establish standard Duty of Care practices for travel security management at all levels of BHP.
- Establish and oversee executive security framework
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Business and Global Functions
- Collate and analyse performance against security metrics and public targets.
- Communicate Global HSE security issues and their performance internally and externally.
- Develops routine threat assessments/security intelligence reports for the VP Safety and Security that is relevant to the areas BHP operate
Our ideal candidate needs to demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in security, Law Enforcement, Military Intelligence or a related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience leading global settings for the delivery of security and emergency management support.
- Strong risk management skills
- Robust corporate and operational security experience, preferably in the mining and oil & gas or similar industry
- Experience in complex environments
- Leading successful and diverse teams across multiple geographies, operations / projects and jurisdictions.
- Proven contribution in delivering security improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in making difficult decisions and managing change initiatives under pressure.
- Expertise in security and emergency management processes, systems and performance measures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to engage across a broad range of organisational levels.
- Fluent English, written and spoken
- Fluent Spanish, written and spoken preferably but not mandatory
If you have the ability to lead and manage change in a complex environment, anticipate future needs and implement sustainable solutions with excellent stakeholder management, communication and interpersonal skills, we encourage you to apply.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.