|Job Type:||Full Time|
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
As a member of the Team of Experts, you will belong to a community, and each community will own a specific customer segment. Our Community of Experts is like no other, we are a family. We sit side by side with lowered partitions, making it easier for us to transfer skills to each other, collaborate and provide those unique customer solutions.
As an Expert, you will gain universal skills to give you the knowledge to cover Entertainment, Home and Mobile products. You will be able to answer and resolve all customer enquiry types from Billing to Technical support, adding products to providing upgrades and resigning customer contracts. Using a mixture of communication mediums including voice and messaging you’ll be comfortable dealing with customer enquiries no matter what the channel is.
The main purpose of this role is to solve customer problems and as a generalist, your responsibilities will include duties aligned to all aspects of the customer journey, not just the sample listed above.
To be a successful candidate you’ll demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a proven ability to exercise initiative and consider all angles when resolving a problem
- Can grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
- A champion of sharing knowledge with others and working collaboratively towards a common goal
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to empathise with people
- Can understand, communicate with and respond to the needs of a culturally diverse population
- Demonstrate self-awareness through seeking to understand your opportunities for growth through learning
- Have a sense of urgency with proven ability to prioritise tasks, allocating time and resources effectively to achieve best results
- Demonstrate resilience when faced with challenging situations
Our core hours of business are between 7 am - 7 pm, Monday to Friday. To be successful in this role you will have the ability to work on a 24x 7 roster Monday – Sunday. You will be advised of your hours of work including your rostered start and finish times.
Operating hours may be subject to change based on customer demand. Shifts and numbers of team members working per shift will be allocated accordingly.
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range of on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and childcare services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Heads Up! Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!