|Job Type:||Full Time|
Established in 2012, Pinnacle Drinks exclusively partners with winemakers, growers, brewers and distillers to deliver some of the world's leading brands across the wine, beer and spirit categories.
An exciting opportunity has become available within Chapel Hill Winery.
Chapel Hill Winery is a leading McLaren Vale winery with an outstanding reputation for quality and excellence.
Chapel Hill is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic person for the important role of Winemaking Technical Assistant. This role will see you provide technical support to the Chapel Hill Winemaking, Cellar and Vineyard teams, ensuring that the wine quality is maintained and improved through consistent and accurate analysis.
- Conduct lab analysis and evaluation of grapes, juice and wines to achieve optimal quality and stability of wines
- Troubleshoot analytical instrumentation and methodology to resolve analytical discrepancies and achieve accurate and consistent data
- Ensure all lab analysis conforms with the highest standards of precision and accuracy for approved methodologies
- Write, update, and maintain laboratory procedures manual
- Responsible for monitoring of laboratory budget, and the timely purchase of lab operating supplies and analytical equipment within budget
- Maintain accurate record of wines with regards to cellar work, internal/external analysis, etc
- Coordinate the set-up and clean-up of winemaking tastings, trials and blending sessions
Skills and experience required for this role
- Science degree or related discipline including viticultural and/or oenology coursework
- Previous experience working at various winery laboratories and cellars
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with all team members
- Demonstrated proficiency in using the full range of Google suite, MS Office and other IT applications
- Possesses a high level of organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage work
- Works independently and seeks assistance when required
- Acts to improve business processes and waste reduction
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks and hospitality businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH Hotels and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. At Endeavour Group we value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating a more sociable future – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Endeavour Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.