|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
Our engineers bring fresh ideas from all areas, including GIS, imagery processing, 3D modelling, large scale system architecture, API design and cloud infrastructure; the list goes on and is growing every day. We are currently looking for an amazing Test Manager to join our team.
As Test Manager, you can help shape the team's roles and responsibilities and help implement new technologies and processes to expand and deepen test coverage and improve time to release. We would like you to have a holistic vision of the QA role within the engineering teams and use this vision to make QA more efficient, effective, and embedded. This hands-on role requires a contribution to regular day-to-day testing as well as Test Management responsibilities.
We pride ourselves on a high-quality product, and our QA team is a significant part of that. This role requires effective coaching and management of the team and exceptional attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for technology.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matter, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
Manage a group of QA Engineers:
- Ensure the appropriate planning and management of test resources.
- Manage and implement testing processes and strategies to evolve testing, automation, architectures, frameworks and methodologies that align to business goals.
- Drive high performance in the team through managing and coaching and providing quality feedback.
- Recruit and select high performers, develop talent and recognise and reward performance.
- Facilitate regular meetings to discuss issues, share knowledge, share achievements, and provide training and direction.
- Identify training and development needs and provide the resources needed to develop team members.
- Encourage innovation and ensure the team keeps on top of new technologies.
- Help grow the Nearmap brand outside the company through networking and being engaged within the tech community.
- Foster great working relationships within the team, with full transparency, mutual respect, collaboration and communication.
- Ensure efficient communication between onshore and offshore team members.
Test ownership and execution:
- Review backlog Jira tickets and add use cases and test cases.
- Perform functional, exploratory, integration and cross browser testing, including on mobile devices.
- Test frond-end web applications and back-end APIs.
- Write automated Selenium and API tests.
- Performing manual regression testing on product areas that are not automated.
- Creating clear and concise defect reports.
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work closely with the Engineers on the team during feature development.
- Liaise with the System Analysts and other stakeholders to define the acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Work with support on issues raised by customers and provide advice and initial assessment of the problems.
- Work with UX designers to provide feedback on usability and design.
- Work closely with wider Engineering team to contribute to improvement initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated expertise in leading and managing test teams.
- The ability to coach, appraise and mentor staff.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- A passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Experience in functional, integration, regression, performance, and scalability testing.
- Experience writing Selenium and API automated tests.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Familiarity with tools; Jira, GitHub, Postman.
- Excellent ability to absorb new information, and complicated concepts.
- Ability to drive outcomes with end-to-end ownership.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym membership, phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8%20
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.