Last updated an hour ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Finance System Analyst, you’ll be responsible for managing the performance of ongoing optimization of key finance and business systems and associated processes. You will lead continuous improvement process for Finance to ensure optimal efficiencies in our Finance systems, as well, you will be identifying and project management the implementation of system changes to meet business needs. You will be the ‘go to’ person for Finance system’s needs, highly valued for your support and knowledge you provide, as customer service is at the centre of your decision making.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Lead the support of Finance systems across future implementation of BI and systems reporting and accounting
- Drive change management activities to support finance systems, processes & reporting
- Project management of finance system integrations, system upgrades and process improvements
- Own, develop and manage a service management model with clear standards, guidelines, and practices to be applied with the Finance systems team
- Liaise with CFO and Group Finance team and other stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and ensure solutions are delivered accordingly
- Lead and embed best practice financial control processes and ensure they are implemented across the business, utilising the full functionality and reporting capability of the systems
- Create, lead, and deliver training workshops to educate stakeholders on new business processes, solutions and updates
- Documenting all end-to-end financial system processes
- Provide support to the Finance System users
- Continuous review and updating of internal finance procedures, processes, and policies relating to the finance systems
- Managing the data integrity within the Finance system
- Create system guidelines and manuals for the Finance team and as required for the broader business
- Integration and onboarding process of newly acquired entities and finance system solutions with existing business to establish ongoing requirements
- Design / implementation UAT strategies and develop AS-IS and TO-BE processes mapping and documentation
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with finance & business systems in a fast changing and complex environment and with an accounting related degree.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is highly desirable
- CA/CPA qualification is highly desirable
- Expert knowledge of Financial and Reporting platforms
- Experience working in large-scale transformation programs (i.e. business process and platform upgrades) across Finance and Reporting domains, ideally with a focus on change management
- Demonstrated experience with analysing, documenting, re-engineering and/or optimisation of business processes.
- Experience with managing and collaborating with global external service providers, software vendors and internal technology teams and services providers.
- Ability to facilitate the creation and documentation of new business requirements.
- Strong understanding of financial controls, accounting principles and practices (IFRS, international and domestic taxation requirement)
- Project management skills
- High level verbal and written communication
- Strong eye for detail and presentation
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.