|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Project Manager with the world's #1 ranked engineering design firm, you will be exposed to a range of projects and stakeholders providing you with an opportunity to apply your experience on major to mega rail projects. Current and recent projects include light rail, metro, passenger rail, freight and high speed rail. You will work efficiently in an autonomous environment as well as contributing as part of the wider Civil and Infrastructure and AECOM team.
The role is end to end project and design management. Starting from inception stage and taking the project through various stages such as investigation, bid, outline design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover. Main enabler for the role is active business development and ensuring our Clients are rating our services high and are likely to recommend us for future work.
- You will have significant experience in delivering multi-disciplinary rail related projects,
- Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships and have worked closely with construction managers
- Manage risk and opportunities on all assigned projects.
- Supporting and engaging in design reviews and HAZOP studies;
- You will hold budgetary control, forecasting project expenditure and programme performance, whilst ensuring effective delivery. Responsible and accountable for the delivery of project on time and budget.
- Experience with programming (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
- Identifying and acquiring necessary project resources, managing staff forecast;
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the project where appropriate and ensure the relevant form of subcontract is used and complied with;
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business and forming strong client relationships including an ability to deal directly with clients.
- A proven ability of managing and growing a team, with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain a highly motivated project delivery team.
Salary Range $170k to $200k
- Engineering degree and qualifications in one of the railway engineering disciplines (Civil, Electrical, Signalling)
- Entrants to this position generally possess an average of 12-15 years’ experience
- It is desirable that you possess a Project Management qualification or be working towards a qualification in this area. In addition, a good working knowledge of different contract types and different procurement options is desirable.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Civil
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.