|Location:||Eight Mile Plains|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Deliver talent program improvement initiatives that form part of the People Delivery program of work and work with our connected Squads, Tribes, Systems Teams and business stakeholders
- We’re pushing the boundaries - be courageous and and drive innovation
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
Our People Delivery Office is at the forefront of creating and transforming our digital experiences here at Woolworths, adopting a truly agile approach to their way of working. We’re growing, and are now on the lookout for a Program Improvement Specialist - Talent Solutions to join us at this exciting time!
Working with Squads, Tribes, Systems Teams and business stakeholders, this role will see you completing the activities required for end-to-end delivery of value-adding program optimisation, with a focus on enhancing our talent system offering. You will also lead larger pieces of work and engage multiple stakeholders to deliver program improvement across service delivery and our team member experiences. Get involved in:
- Leading initiatives including gathering, synthesising and defining business requirements, the completion of project governance activities, and stakeholder engagement (across internal and external partners and vendors);
- End-to-end stakeholder management for streams of work, ensuring stakeholder priorities and needs are represented;
- Assisting business stakeholders to define the priority of epics and stories and make this visible and clear for the team;
- Supporting the strategic direction and business engagement to drive adoption in the solution/s; and
- Creating and maintaining design and process documentation including support materials for business users.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who can bring their ‘talent lens’ to the Program Improvement Specialist role. We would love to see your flair for Program or Process Improvement and your experience applying lean process improvement methodology and tools. Your strong business acumen, passion for talent management, and ability to apply an end to end approach across process will help you succeed in this role. You will also have:
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to identify issues and opportunities within complex systems and processes;
- A background in talent acquisition and/or talent management;
- Previous exposure to SuccessFactors;
- A good aptitude for systems with an ability to learn the complexities quickly;
- Experience in stakeholder management, facilitating workshops and focus groups to explore opportunities for improvements and developing business requirements; and Experience developing instructional and procedural documentation and presentation.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.