|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
About the role
As an experienced Linux Administrator this opportunity will see you join a professional technical team on client site to ensure the running and ongoing support across software applications are met in a Cyber Security growth area.
The main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- System Monitoring and application support;
- Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis;
- User/Group and Permissions management;
- Patching, Updating and Repo management;
- Backups and Restores;
- FreeIPA deployment, configuration and management including DNS and certificate management;
- Network File Management on RHEL and NetApp;
- RHEL Installs, physical and virtual from Kickstart, PXE Boot or other media sources;
- Modifying/Creating Kickstarts to suit different hardware configurations;
- Configuration and Management of virtual infrastructure using vSphere;
- Network device configuration including Extreme Networks Switches and Fortinet Firewalls;
- HPE Server firmware patching and updating using the HPE SSP;
- Physical patching and configuration changes.
Experience and skills:
- Extensive experience in a similar position in a Government environment;
- Understanding Server - Midrange (UNIX/LINUX) and virtualization;
- Shell Scripting skills for BASH;
- Sound understanding of ITIL best practice and ISO Quality Standards;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Eligibility : Due to the nature of the role and client requirements, applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold an active NV1 or higher level Australian Federal Government Security Clearance.
What we offer:
- A values driven business with a focus on our people, our relationships, integrity and excellence in delivery
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Paid Defence reservist leave
- Referral bonuses
- Work and lifestyle balance