|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Chipper Operator with a can-do attitude who wants to work outdoors, enjoys physical work, has a willingness to learn and is safety conscious to join our crew in Adelaide.
This role has job security and will work on a contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to the Adelaide Hills and Murray Bridge. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
You will ultimately need to be able to operate a chipper machine to chip trees and branches that have been cut down from around powerlines. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. This position is a great stepping stone into the industry with opportunities for progression including Truck Driver, Elevated Work Platform Operator, Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and experience in the industry. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- Earn a competitive hourly rate depending on experience plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- White Card
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is desirable
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.