|Job Type:||Full Time|
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Be part of a supportive growth in the Primary Connect part of Woolworths.
What’s in it for you?
- Norwest Location
- Be involved in exciting business improvement projects
- Join the Primary Connect part of Woolworths and create history
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
Your role is to support the delivery of business benefits and value through continuous improvements in the International Supply Chain network. Identify emerging issues and develop processes in consultation with external and internal stakeholders to support the changing requirements of the business. Provide business analysis, conclusions and predictable patterns as part of the business improvement projects.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Analyse current and future state business processes with a view towards optimisation
- Manage and/or assist in the delivery and implementation of projects to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and realise benefits within agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Identify and recommend alternative feasible solutions and/or new systems and processes based on business requirements
- Help establish requirements for the implementation of change in the business process
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will ideally have:
- Minimum 3 year experience in shipping or freight forwarding and/or retail international supply chain
- Strong business analyst & process improvement experience
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Database
- Experience with process mapping
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to successfully interact with stakeholders to problem solve and achieve goals
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You