|Location:||Cobar, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,000 staff and 140 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Plant Mechanic Onsite Product Support - Cobar
About the role
WesTrac is seeking an experienced and team orientated Plant Mechanic to join our team in Cobar to deliver hands on mechanical and technical support to our Caterpillar customers.
As the successful applicant you will be required to perform repairs, maintenance and inspections on a range of customer machines. You will be performing duties on various customer projects. You will apply your high level of technical skill and expertise to carry out these duties.
12 hour shifts working 7on 7off Dayshifts.
- Repairs, maintenance and inspections
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Awareness of the safety of self and your teammates
Skills & Experience
- CERT III Heavy Vehicle / Mobile Plant Qualification
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements and providing service excellence
- Dedication to maintaining safe work practices and environment
- Experience with DBS, SIS and SIMSI desirable
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 32% location allowance
- 15% Field service allowance
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.