|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Network Operations Engineer
It is the responsibility of the Splunk CNOC to monitor and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk>Cloud for our cloud customers 24/7. As the authority on our customer’s experience, the CNOC is the frontline of defense in making sure each of our customers has an exceptional experience.
Cloud Network Operations Engineers are the highest technical point of contact within the Cloud NOC. They provide a backstop for all staff on shift for any questions or issues that arise during their shift related to their technical area of expertise. Cloud Network Operations Engineers lead their respective queue and ensure all requests coming into that queue are addressed in a timely manner. Cloud Network Operations Engineers also provides technical mentorship for the NOC engineers who are on shift and assist Site Reliability Engineers with special projects.
- Provide technical support for CNOC Engineers and contractors
- Perform impact assessments and problem solving according to established procedures
- Document issues, remediation steps, and follow up problem management
- Lead support cases and also ensures queue management
- Lead hierarchical and functional requests. Communicate with CNOC engineers as well as business partners around CloudOps through email, chat, telephone and in person
- Mentor the CNOC engineers on your shift on complex tasks and developing their skill set
- Represent the CNOC in meetings/process changes and make recommendations on new procedures/ processes.
- Use the Splunk Incident Management System (SIMS) to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations during escalated incidents.
- Lead by example and drive the core values of the company
- Always ensure a quality customer experience.
- You must have 2-4 years of experience in the following areas:
- Cloud administration (AWS / VMware) experience
- Incident response and major incident management.
- LPI-1, LPI-2
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Puppet Enterprise Professional
- Kubernetes Administrator
- ITIL Service Management
- Splunk Architect
- You’ve got experience maintaining and fixing Linux/UNIX servers in a production environment.
- You have experience using config management (Puppet, chef, salt), Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and On-call notification (Pagerduty, VictorOps).
- You are collaborative with extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have experience running Incident Command and Response for Class-A/Top-Tier services affecting multiple customers
- You have shown attention to detail, follow through, and the ability to prioritize quickly are necessary.
- You think out of the box and are able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and dynamically adjust priority.
- Salary $80,000-$100,000 pa.
AA/BS In Information Management or a related field or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.