|Job Type:||Full Time|
Endeavour Group was created in 2020 through the restructure and merger of the Woolworths Group drinks and hospitality businesses. With a strong track record of growth, combined these businesses form the leading customer franchise in drinks and hospitality in Australia.
United behind a common purpose of ‘Creating a more sociable future together’, we are a 28,000+ strong team with more than 1600 stores and 330 hotels nationally, including leading brands such as Dan Murphy’s, BWS and ALH Hotels.
Endeavour Group is expected to separate from Woolworths during calendar year 2021 and will be well-positioned as an ASX Top 50 Company. Join the team at an exciting time in their evolution!
Endeavour Group’s ambition is bold, we want to be Australia’s leading drinks and hospitality retailer. We know that customer expectations have never been higher so our service must be intuitive and personal. To do this, we are embarking on our next generation of growth and we want you to be part of it.
About the Opportunity
A newly established role within our UX Capability, we are looking for an experienced, pragmatic and fun UX Researcher to join our Experience Design (XD) Chapter within EndeavourX, the digital transformation and innovation arm of our business.
Reporting to the reporting the UX lead, you will begin in a MarTech (Marketing Technology) squad using Agile Delivery methods within EDX Personalisation Tribe to lead and deliver research insights to build empathy with users, feeding into product roadmaps that plan the work needed to create better experiences for our customers and/or team members.
You will show people what the future holds, and bring them on a journey with you:
- Lead the design research by tackling problems that range from concise and well-defined, to the expansive and ambiguous.
- Work with cross-functional partners in product management, analytics, design and data science to identify and prioritise knowledge gaps in our understanding of the customer experience
- Working within Agile Delivery model; participating in all squad rituals and contributing to sprint cadence (2 weeks)
- Use a range of co-design techniques and resources to inspire engagement online and in person.
- Define key research questions and goals, identifying appropriate methods, executing studies, and synthesising findings.
- Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Translate research learnings into practical and feasible product or service deliverables; through the lens of user needs, business impact and engineering feasibility
- Communicate results and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences, in compelling and creative ways
- Educate teams about the benefits of introducing design thinking / user-centric practices and frameworks.
- Prioritise your activities and tasks to ensure you meet sprint goals
- Contribute to growth of our UX and Research capability, drawing on your specialist research knowledge including:
- Developing conceptual / analytical frameworks, methods, templates and tools needed for project design/planning, data collection, analysis, synthesis and reporting
- Stay on top of industry trends, including research and co-design practice, and identify opportunities.
You are a natural collaborator, adapting your approach to managing and leading for each initiative. Always a supportive colleague to those around you, you pitch in when they need a hand, leaning in and building trust.
Your ability to quickly understand and synthesise information (including qualitative data, feedback, desktop research) to make considered recommendations to achieve goals is impressive. You have a natural flair for engagement, at the right place and time, including online. You report the insights that matter.
- Excellent stakeholder management, facilitation and communication skills
- A sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research approaches, and the insights they yield relative to your work.
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g. Unmoderated survey, survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioural data analysis)
- Knowledge in qualitative research methodologies (e.g. Moderated usability testing, survey’s, customer interviews, card sorting, ethnographic field study)
- Ability to tailor research outputs and design communication to meet audience needs
- Confidence presenting to and engaging with teams and partners, in a manner that inspires trust and support
- Experienced in cross-functional Agile Delivery environments, specifically alongside Product Owners, Business and Data Analysts, UX Designers and Research teams
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills applied in reports, copy, and presentations.
- Effective time management with the ability to prioritise the right tasks.
- Passionately curious, a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Proactive and independent in your ways of working.
- Collaborative and inclusive in your approach.
- Working knowledge of InVision, Sketch, Lookback, Askable, MIRO, Confluence, JIRA
- Strong computer software skills in Google Suite; Doc, Sheets, Slides, Jamboard
- At least 3+ years’ professional experience working in a design research or human centred design field, with 2-3 years of experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Qualifications in research or design related field or commensurate industry experience.
What's in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
Flexible working arrangements to support employees to balance their personal and work life.
- Opportunity to work with a team of experts with diverse experience and interests, applying unique insights and approaches, united by systems and purpose.
- An everyday working environment that is friendly, supportive, collaborative, and positive.
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
Work variety - The opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable initiatives
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our team-members
We’re social! #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI, #work180, Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au
Grow with Endeavour Group
Endeavour Group comprises a diverse range of drinks and hospitality businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH Hotels and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. At Endeavour Group we value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating a more sociable future – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Endeavour Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.