At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success. If you are motivated, driven, reliable and proud come and join the BHP OS family. Are you ready to make your place?
Operations Services (OS) was established with the single goal of focusing on front line operators and maintainers. Completing work previously performed by service contractors, Operations Services is providing permanent employment to a growing team of more than 3000 employees. OS is committed to increase employment opportunities for Australian regional communities by delivering stability and sustainability that is good for our people and good for the communities.
About the role
We are seeking a Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter to join the OSFM Field Maintenance Execution team.
Reporting to the Supervisor OS Field Equipment Maintenance some of your responsibilities may include:
- Maintenance and repairs to Hitachi and Liebherr Excavators and Epiroc drills
- Major shut down and component change outs and scheduled maintenance
- Identifying and rectifying faults during inspections
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Assisting in implementation of safety improvement projects and standardized work
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Undertake training on a regular basis and provide support and coaching to work mates
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Relevant trade qualification
- Previous experience in mining will be highly regarded, although not essential
- Experience within defence, heavy industry (agriculture, earth moving, construction etc) will be considered
- Previous experience working on Drills and Excavators is preferred but not essential
- Highly safety focused
- Keen to learn with a willingness for self-improvement
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Effective listening and strong interpersonal skills
You will be based across all WAIO mines on a 8/6 Day 7/7 nights roster. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the villages have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.