|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
Plant Mechanic – Ravensworth
About the role
Our Ravensworth team is expanding! WesTrac is seeking experienced and team orientated Plant Mechanics. You will deliver hands-on mechanical and technical support to our Caterpillar customers for our maintenance and repair contract at Ravensworth. These are not just jobs; they are an opportunity to enjoy a career with one of the world’s leading Caterpillar dealers.
You will be working alongside our team of experienced and motivated Plant Mechanics based on our customer sites performing inspections, maintenance and repairs on the likes of Caterpillar 789C Rock Trucks, 793D Mining Trucks and 797F Mining Trucks. You will bring a high level of technical skills and expertise to the role, along with a strong drive and motivation to succeed and commit to a team.
Skills & Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following skills:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Working at heights or willing to complete
- MDG25 or willing to complete
- Familiarity with Caterpillar Equipment
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to meeting customer requirements
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills
- Strong job planning skills
- Glencore generic induction preferred but not essential
You will have a proactive approach to your work with demonstrated experience working in high performing teams and have a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Competitive base hourly rate
- 27% location allowance
- 15% shift allowance
- Rotating roster of days and nights, working just 14 days a month
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Up to $8,000 relocation assistance offered for eligible candidates
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and Welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.