Requisition ID: 41763
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Geotechnical team in Brisbane.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Lead a team of young engineers
- Execute or manage concept to study level project activities
- Undertake geotechnical analysis and design work in collaboration with Civil engineers, Tailings and Water Resource experts
- Assist generate and grow Hatch's current client base in the Civil, Geotechnical and Tailings space
- Preparation of engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bill of quantities
- Mentor young engineers in the geotechnical field and assist with the personal development
- Communicate projects and business goals with local teams and regional management
- Identify key challenges and opportunities in the geotechnical and mining fields with a focus in Australia
- Write proposals, develop marketing strategies and presentations to deliver to clients
- Provide corporate governance and ultimate sign-off on reports, recommendations and designs
- Undertake technical reviews of documents and technical drawings prepared by the team
You will bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with a specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering, or Bachelor of Science (Geology) with a specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering
- Demonstrated, extensive post graduate Geotechnical and industrial Civil or Water Resource management projects experience
- Experience in design of temporary construction works would be advantageous
- Excellent client focus and history of successful business development
- Verbal and written English communication skills
- Previous consulting engineering experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite of tools
- Good working knowledge of specialised Geotechnical software and modelling
- Ability to travel within Australia-Asia and internationally as required
- RPEQ registered and an active member with Engineers Australia
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.