Requisition ID: 41804
Job Category: Metals
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Mining Engineer to join the Metals group in Brisbane or Perth.The Mining Engineer would be the one who can build and contribute to the mining engineering capability across the Australia-Asia (AUA) region.
A core part of this role will be to develop a multicultural network across the region - building relationships with key clients externally and internal networks within Hatch globally to deliver “best value” outcomes for clients.
To do this effectively you will need to both be willing and able to travel to various work sites throughout the region as the role requires.
If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors? Join our Metals team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have excellent safety awareness and experience working to industry standards
- Have relevant engineering degree or formal qualifications pertaining to the role
- Have experience working as part of or managing integrated teams
- Have demonstrated experience working in the Underground Mining Industry. With a focus on mass mining methods e.g., block caving
- Understand and effectively manage customer’s needs; with the ability to develop sustainable, open and honest relationships with Clients and colleagues alike
- HaveProficient oral and written communication skills
- Have team leadership skills and willingness to effectively collaborate with others
- Have ability to negotiate and influence others to achieve best for project / business outcomes
- Have demonstrated experience in the use of MS Office software suite
- Have ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for business
- Providing specialist advisory support to clients and project teams working on mining operations and projects
- Be undertaking underground and/or open pit mining studies, including first principle mining engineering, benchmarking, mine designs, schedules, cost estimates and economic evaluations
- Be ensuring that the methodology and tools used to undertake mining studies are appropriate to attain the level of accuracy to meet the client requirements at minimum cost
- Be maintaining and improving technical skills in mining engineering to improve the quality of technical solutions and reduce cost and improved client acceptance
- Be identifying developments in the “mining practice” and analysis techniques which offer opportunity for improved efficiency and business development
- Be undertaking technical and peer reviews to ensure quality outcomes
- Be taking on the lead and/or project manager role for nominated projects
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role:
- B.Eng. Mining or equivalent tertiary education from a recognized institution
- Extensive mine site experience, covering both production, planning or project environments
- Significant experience in the Australian hard rock or coal mining environment
- Understanding of financial modelling principles and genera business acumen
- Effective and open communication style including the ability to plan and deliver high quality reports, proposals and bids
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship building and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in mine planning software, e.g., (e.g. Deswik, Studio 5D, Mine2-4D, Xpac, Surpac, Datamine or Whittle)
- A Queensland Mine Managers Certificate of Competency is considered advantageous
- Registration as a Chartered / Professional Engineer (or progress towards registered) is considered advantageous
Why join us?
- Think globally, act locally
- Engage people who make a difference
- Apply your business and technical expertise to grow a key part of the Hatch business
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Collaborate with leading consultants and technical experts towards a better world through positive change
- The opportunity to drive your career
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.