|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a high performing Finance team for Australia’s largest Supermarket chain
- Unique role for a Mandarin-speaking finance professional to support our growing export business
- Work as a part of a close-knit team & collaborate with other finance teams
- Initially a 12 month fixed-term contract in Gepps Cross, Adelaide
Woolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities. The Woolworths Finance team is positioned to support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focusing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to join our Export Gross Profit & Inventory Team initially on a 12 month contract. Reporting to the Accounting Manager - Gross Profit & Inventory, your primary responsibility will be to perform, review and investigate divisional trading results and selected balance sheet accounts. This includes monitoring all profit lines attributing to Gross Profit, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, managing Business Analyst queries as well as supporting the wider GP & Inventory team in driving continuous improvements across all aspects of the teams performance.
This role is based at our Financial Control Centre, located in Gepps Cross, Adelaide.
- Support timely and insightful reporting of the gross profit result and balance sheet to the export business unit finance teams
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared effectively and provide a clear description of outstanding items, have appropriate supporting documentation, provide a conclusion and an action plan for clearance
- Ensure financial controls are in place and reviewed to comply with accounting policies, standards
- Maintain stakeholder relationships and call out insights and resolve queries
- Drive initiatives and strategies for continual improvement of processes
- Maintain an effective understanding of business and reporting considerations
You’re currently finance degree qualified or working towards CA/CPA qualification established Accountant or Assistant Accountant who is fluent in reading, writing & speaking Mandarin. You are looking to take on a new challenge that requires expertise in driving and delivering results and the ability to negotiate and influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- 3- 5 Years relevant experience, exposure in retail/large corporate will be advantageous but not critical
- Experience using financial systems in a commercial environment e.g. Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, SUMIFS’s etc), PowerPoint, SAP, SAP BW, BPC
- Able to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.