|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Townsville and reporting to the Contracting Manager, we are looking for an experienced and committed Asphalt Supervisor, whose primary responsibility is to coordinate and control the daily operations for the road surfacing crews.
As the Asphalt Supervisor you will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that the placement of asphalt, spraying of bitumen products and sealing activities are completed within the contract timeframes and to a level of satisfaction that is acceptable to clients' specified requirements and within Boral's resource constraints. Boral is offering relocation assistance for the successful applicant.
- Forward planning and coordination of the asphalt works
- Oversee the asphalt crew to ensure a safe and efficient operation is maintained
- Collaborate with internal team members and customers to optimise outcomes for all parties
- Development, training and upskilling of employees
- Ensure all employees maintain and operate company truck and plant equipment in line with relevant procedures
- Lead site safety and business improvement initiatives and,
- Comply with Boral OH&S policy and ensure our Safety and Environmental standards are monitored and improved
What are we looking for?
- Experience in asphalt and spray seal road surfacing
- Experience in the technical and practical aspects of road surfacing
- Demonstrated ability leading a work crew
- A strong commitment to safety and the environment along with a superior customer focus
- A proven ability to work within an Asphalt business environment and,
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, shift work and be away from home for short periods of time
Why join Boral?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with a long term career path
- Training with genuine career development opportunities
- Perm role with attractive hourly rate and ToT vehicle
- Relocation assistance available
- Discounted financial services and external partner discounts
- Boral Employee Assistance Program (BEAP)
- Organisation that is dedicated to the health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With some A$4.3 billion worth of sales, Boral had 8,334 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites as at 30 June 2016. Boral produces and distributes a broad range of construction materials, including quarry products, cement, fly ash, pre-mix concrete and asphalt; and building products, including clay bricks and pavers, clay and concrete roof tiles, concrete masonry products, plasterboard and timber. Boral primarily serves customers in the building and construction industries with operations concentrated in three key geographical markets - Australia, the USA and Asia.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au