|Job Type:||Full Time|
Please include URL(s) to an online portfolio in addition to your resume, as submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered. See tips on preparing for your design portfolio here.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of professional experience as a UX designer.
- A portfolio showing experience designing web and/or mobile applications.
- Automotive experience or knowledge, or industry experience in other human factors environments.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma)
- Ability to manage complex and/or cross-functional projects across time-zones
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s Interaction Designers take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for billions of people around the globe. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the Google design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
Google Maps aims to assist people as they navigate and explore their world. In this role, you will identify and explore new opportunities, take complex tasks and transform them into intuitive and easy-to-use experiences.
- Drive and / or execute on design direction, informed by user insights and auto manufacturer business needs into delightful, elegant, usable and measurable user experiences.
- Participate throughout the product design process – creating user flows, high-fidelity user interface designs and prototypes.
- Implement and execute innovative and achievable design solutions that provide meaningful user value.
- Collaborate with researchers, product managers and engineers to build the best user experience.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with collaborators across multiple timezones.