|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family are a focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
If you're looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity, please continue reading.
As a Splunk Sales Engineer, you’ll be the primary technical sales resource for our Enterprise Account Manager in Melbourne. You will be the domain expert for our team serving our customers, partners and prospects.
Splunk SEs answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Demonstrating Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Leading or participating in discovery calls/conversations with prospects (autonomously or in collaboration with your sales counterpart) to discover and/or validate opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Travelling to visit prospects and customers/partners, and to engage in onsite customer work in the form of ‘Proof of Value/Concept’ when required.
- Answering complex technical questions plus addressing customer concerns to a successful outcome.
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of each target client’s business, operations and industry trends, including understanding the strategic business and technology goals.
- Understand how Splunk’s solutions can provide capabilities and benefits in order to address the client’s business needs.
- Ability to participate in account planning and planning meetings to identify new and follow up solution, services and education opportunities.
- Ability to support development and articulate business value/ROI case studies.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, not limited to our customer's technical staff.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and should be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Work closely with the presales team and presales management to develop and continually improve working practices, best practices, presales processes
- Experience working with complex application environments, with the ability to understand relevant sources of machine data, such as performance logs, application logs, audit logs, security data sources, network centric data, etc
- Experience and hands-on skills with operating systems like UNIX, Linux or Windows.
- Experience and hands-on skills with scripting languages such as Python and Perl, as well as with regular expression (RegEx) pattern matching would be an advantage
- Prior experience with search engine technologies and query languages would be an advantage.
- 2+ years of Presales experience working for an Enterprise Vendor would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the sales process and sales methodologies would be an advantage
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.