|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Securities Services (SS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. SS leverages the firm's global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world.
Locally, the SS business has a strong market position, ranking first in most valuable cross border assets and second by total assets under custody. Financial Reporting is part of Securities Services and provides financial reporting, taxation including distribution and tax returns for clients. Clients include large fund managers and superannuation funds based in Australia as well as other locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a multi-year investment strategy Project to facilitate the build out and migrations of Australian Asset Manager from our legacy global funds services applications to our globally aligned platform
- Provide technical input and operational support on accounting and tax related matters relevant to Financial Reporting deliverables.
- Manage execution of test strategies, client and auditor engagement and go-live preparation for the team
- Review and sign off test results covering all Financial Reporting products such as distributions, Audit packs, Trial Balances, Financial Statements, BAS, Indirect Cost Ration, ABS reporting and AASB7 reporting.
- Development and execution of test plans for a successful implementation along with automated testing capability and strategies to leverage global testing resources
- Leading/participating in meetings at the operational and project level and providing feedback on project status
To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or a related discipline preferably with CA / CPA qualifications
- At least 6 years’ experience in statutory reporting and applications of accounting standards in accordance with AASB &IFRS and tax reporting specifically in income tax returns and trust distribution calculations.
- Effective planning and time management skills, with demonstrated initiative and proactive approach to managing dynamic workload and periodic overtime
- Extensive MS excel skills, system integration experience working with blended teams across multiple geographic environments