|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Onsite parking
- Industry leading organisation
- ASAP start
Based in Baulkham Hills, Boral have an opportunity for a responsible and experienced individual to join our team as a Laboratory Technician. Working independently this role reports to the Chemistry Section Head and involves undertaking tasks in relation to sample preparation, testing of cement and concrete, maintenance of records, reporting of results for our concrete, cement and quarry related products.
The main responsibilities include:
- Conduct testing in accordance with laboratory work instructions, test methods, preparation instructions and manuals.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain, observe, and take part in the statutory safety requirements of the Laboratory operation
- Maintenance of the Laboratory according to NATA accreditation requirements.
- Other duties as directed by the Chemistry Section Head
- Assist the team in the Chemistry section where required
Skills and experience:
- A commitment to safety and quality
- Previous laboratory testing of construction materials is essential.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in science or another relevant discipline e.g. Chemical or Materials - (desirable but not essential).
- Well developed skills and understanding of computer systems for monitoring and reporting of data (especially with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc).
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An ability to cope with competing priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills and a customer focus
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY now or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with two divisions: the leading integrated construction materials business of Boral Australia and Boral North America, a building products and fly ash business. Employing more than 17,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span 650 operating and distribution sites globally.
We recognise that improved performance and sustainable outcomes for all our stakeholders are critical for Boral’s long-term success. Boral is currently completing a comprehensive portfolio review, looking at all of our businesses and assets, with a view to improve earnings and sustainable growth in the future.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.