|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of work experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion related work focusing on Australian Indigenous communities.
- Experience in the creation, delivery and reporting of a reconciliation action plan; working with stakeholders to design solutions that meet the needs of First Nations people, businesses and communities.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively integrate and communicate ideas, insights and strategies, across regional and global geographies.
- Ability to deliver results through project management, project development, implementation and evaluation.
- Team player with demonstrated influencing and relationship building skills with partners, and people with various perspectives, backgrounds and cultures.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills with a high degree of rigor, strategic mindset and curiosity.
About the job
Google's known for our innovative technologies, products and services -- and for the people behind them. Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and work across a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share the magic of working at Google.
As a regional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager for the APAC region with a focus on Indigenous Community Engagement, you'll work to support our team in Google's commitment to build for everyone. Leveraging your foundation as a program manager paired with your passion for DEI, you will build compelling programming that helps facilitate the processes and behavior changes needed to build a more diverse and inclusive Google.
Reconciliation between Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Australians and non-Indigenous Australians is something that is deeply important to Google Australia and we have many important and exciting projects planned as part of our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). In this role, you will be responsible for leading Google’s approach to Indigenous engagement and reconciliation. This is an exciting opportunity to play a lead role in leading and developing the next Google Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). You will be recognized as a key person to advise on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as "Human Resources"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Deliver strategic Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) programs and operations, particularly but not limited to race and ethnicity-focused inclusion and equity programs through internal and external partnerships.
- Strategize sustainable and scalable DEI programs aligned with APAC and local DEI priorities, working alongside relevant internal cross-functional partners.
- Cultivate and manage external partnerships to showcase Google as an exceptional leader in the field of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Act as the point of contact to to advise on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.