|Job Type:||Full Time|
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Go and/or Python.
- Experience in recruiting and managing a team of experienced Engineers on large scale projects.
- Experience in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems.
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Expertise in Unix/Linux systems, IP networking, performance, and application issues.
- Effective management and communication skills; ability to conduct technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage as well as strategy discussions with the executive team.
About the job
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Google's services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems—have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to Google, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
As an Engineering Manager, Site Reliability Engineering you will enable Google developers to build great products using uniformly reliable and maintainable storage integrations and components.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects used and enjoyed by Google users worldwide.
- Assess team strengths against our mission, develop a plan for any necessary improvements, and execute.
- Set and lead execution of team goals jointly with our many dev-partner leads.
- Contribute to the evolution of our efforts to improve Spanner-safety Google-wide.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.