At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
To support the Melbourne Principal by providing Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) governance and Property and Workplace support as follows:
- Provide specialist support and execute tasks to deliver governance for HSE practices in the Melbourne Office, including regular audits and assessments, and execute implementation activities for the applied standards to eliminate hazards in the workplace to achieve BHP’s safety objectives; and
- Support the delivery of Property & Workplace services that enable the requisite BHP workplace experience and meet local business requirements.
Health, Safety and Environment:
- Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with Victorian and OHS Self Insurance, and maintaining the WorkSafe self-insurance license for the Melbourne office;
- Develops and maintains the Occupational Health and Safety Management System for Melbourne, including setting out the metrics that can be measured and audited;
- Coordinates and undertakes internal and external safety audits to ensure compliance with the self-insurance licence requirements, including audits of the Principal Contractor’s system of work for insuring sustained compliance with contractual obligations;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Principal Contractor’s safe system of work for meeting its OHS contractual obligations within the Melbourne Office;
- Serve as Secretary for both the OHS Committee and the Senior OHS Committee for the Melbourne office, responsible for the setting up of regular meetings, developing pre-reading papers and reports, minutes, activities and activities of Committees;
- Engaging with other key stakeholders as appropriate, conducts reviews, assessments and updates of the HSE, Risk and security profiles of the Melbourne office, identifying the risks and the implementation of effective controls to eliminate or manage these risks;
- Develops and manages site specific risk registers and coordinates the risk assessment programme for the Melbourne office;
- Coordinates and conducts all HSE related programs, activities, training, inspections, investigation of HSE lapses and incidents in Melbourne;
- Provides input to the Regional Manager, Australia & Europe, to ensure HSE risks are identified and appropriately mitigated; and
- Is a subject matter expert and provides advice on matters pertaining to HSE and Risk.
Property and Workplace:
- Stakeholder & Relationship Management: engages with line managers and key contacts in local and regional offices to deliver world class standards by understanding business priorities and influencing outcomes to ensure alignment;
- Provides specialist support in Property and Workplace tasks related to the real estate, portfolio, workplace strategy, workplace planning and experience;
- Manages the delivery of leasing activities and minor capital works with the value less than $1M p.a.;
- Operates the scope (via service vendors) of facilities services (hard and soft) for all applicable locations for assets/functions, such as: the provision of maintenance, accommodation leasing, consumables, occupancy planning, access, office use, catering, workplace experience and etiquette; and
- Personal compliance to BHP Charter, Code of Business Conduct and Our Requirements.
The role’s accountabilities are initially expected to comprise ~60% HSE governance and ~40% Property and Workplace support, however this may vary dependant on current workload priorities as determined from time to time by the Melbourne Principal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.