Last updated 10 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
At Atlassian, we believe in the power of teamwork. Our mission is to help unleash the potential in every team through openwork.
We want all Atlassian teams to be proud of how we build products and services. We partner with Atlassian practitioners to continually improve team effectiveness while embedding learning in teams day-to-day.
If you are excited by working on groundbreaking team initiatives and inspiring change, Join us! We are searching for a Change Lead to join our Programs & Practices team.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Supercharge our community of passionate ways of working craftspeople through collaborative facilitation, training, coaching and comms.
- Develop and deliver a training plan to bootstrap our ways of working community to become catalysts and mentors for product teams
- Lead and own the creation and execution of the Change Management Plan; balancing the strategic vision with immediate needs, develop an iterative change management strategy and operational plans to support successful program shaping and delivery.
- Develop and deliver a Communications Plan to support engagement of key stakeholders, R&D teams, and interfacing teams. Produce timely and engaging written comms, elevating visibility of change initiatives and progress against our Customer Experience mission.
- Collaborate with Craft Practices & Learning team members to integrate change management activities into their respective plans, including key milestones and metrics aligned with priorities of the program.
- Create and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders across the global R&D organisation, ensuring that their challenges, opportunities, and feedback are incorporated into how we roll out change.
- Love change. You're a change agent, you thrive in the problem solving and opportunity – even as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Think strategically. You have a strategic approach, recognising the importance of long term goals, have vision, and are committed to success. All while balancing delivery of the short term, tactical needs in front of us.
- Inclusive and driven facilitator. You have a knack for getting people focused, driving towards an outcome, while ensuring diverse perspectives are welcomed. You ensure to connect with both heart and mind.
- Are an excellent communicator, written and verbal. You know how to connect with and influence people all over the globe at various levels of seniority, and you're comfortable calling "BS" if you see it - even with execs.
- Can strike the balance, you know what will help a team run effectively, and know how to introduce change in a way that helps make us faster and more confident.
- Think fast on your feet, come up with solutions to critical situations, make timely decisions and take calculated risks. You are constantly searching for new knowledge and new ideas and willing to learn better ways of doing things.
- Truly listen and seek to understand, working with a blend of ‘on the ground’ and leadership teams to holistically understand their culture and future state drivers, and use this in the planning and execution of change.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Experience in a change, transformation, coaching capacity – ideally within a multi-geo, large scale environment supporting a product/software delivery organisation.
- Variety of approaches and frameworks within your personal toolkit, allowing you to pragmatically apply structure to the change program as needed.
- You’ve worked collaboratively with leadership, influencing to drive not just tactical execution but also larger strategy. You have proven experience delivering change programs with teams across time zones and countries globally.
- You have proven experience of leading in ambiguity (we have a direction but we are on a journey and continuously discover as we go). You are comfortable with getting something to 70% and then working on it in flight.
- You have had exposure to the various fields and methodologies within a scaling product development environment, allowing you to appreciate how these teams collaborate.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to email@example.com and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.