|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cybersecurity and research, to provide its customers with solutions that integrate across the ecosystem by connecting all of your identities, endpoints, apps, emails, docs and clouds to help you close critical gaps in coverage, reduce risk, and save costs with a streamlined security portfolio.
As we continue to grow as a Security Specialist organization, we are hiring enterprise sales professionals to run and drive security engagements within our largest accounts. Join a team of Cybersecurity Professionals lead by a diverse set of leaders from across the industry. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
As the Security Sales Specialist, you are considered a subject matter expert with deep technical expertise within our enterprise sales organization. You will be expected to exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments. You develop trusted relationships at an executive level and build credibility across all levels of the customer’s organization through a concrete understanding of our products and areas that can be resolved by our solutions.
You feel empowered by our product offerings – and love a technical challenge.
- Acquire, lead, and develop security opportunities (remote work, security, compliance, cloud security) in your assigned territory
- Strong account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within your accounts
- Own opportunities from qualification to close by orchestrating a virtual team of sales, technical, services, and partner resources across an extensive portfolio of products
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity industry, products, and competitor offerings
- Develop relationships with customer, CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers
- Fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools, and network technologies
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak to their needs and requirements
- Stay updated on industry news and trends, and how they affect Microsoft products and services
- Travel as necessary within your territory, and to company-wide meetings
- Consider yourself technical enough to cover accounts while your technical specialist is busy assisting others
- Not afraid to demonstrate the product
- History of exceeding your quota
- Experience with cloud network security technology (including intrusion monitoring, threat detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and DDOS prevention solutions), data protection technology (including encryption, key management, data loss prevention, and hardware security modules), and identity management systems (including directories, access servers, authorization services, identity provisioning and governance systems)
- Understand how to win by leveraging Channel and strategic partners
- Demonstrated ability to segment accounts across the territory and dig in using the entire ecosystem
- Ability to lead all aspects of the of the sales cycle; ability to uncover, qualify, develop, and close net new business in accounts
- Possess a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to enterprise customers
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- Highly competitive, ramp quickly, extremely adaptive, and pride yourself on exceeding production goals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.