At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Globally, nationally, and locally, EY is a leading provider of Tax services. Our credentials are unmatched and remain the reason our firm is considered the “firm of choice” for Tax. We are also the only Big Four firm with a separate business unit focused solely on the financial services industry (known as “FSO”). By joining our growing team, you will be providing tax compliance services, tax advisory services including tax structuring and tax transformation solutions to a broad range of high-profile clients. You will have the chance to work on interesting and varied projects and be exposed to excellent career development opportunities to help uncover your potential both inside and outside of work.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide tax compliance services and tax advisory services, including tax structuring and tax transformation, supporting our financial services clients.
- Help financial services clients achieve an efficient and effective tax function, identify tax planning and tax advisory opportunities and implement leading practice tax governance procedures.
- Assist our clients in their tax compliance obligation, including providing tax technical advice in respect of their business operation.
- Assist our clients with their tax effect accounting calculations and reconciliations.
- Provide the highest level of technical advice on the application of tax law and contribute to winning new clients.
- Work across multiple projects and clients as a team member, collaborating with our global network of resources.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Specialist corporate, funds or super fund tax technical skills
- Australian tax experience ideally gained in a top tier accounting firm, corporate, or legal environment
- Ability to develop strong and broad relationships with clients and provide a high level of client service
- Strong project management skills to ensure engagements run to time and budget
- Ability to assimilate complex and technical information in a clear, succinct and well-informed recommendation to the client
- Strong business writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in or an interest in dealing with Financial Services organisations
- Experience or interest in tax digital technologies and data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau and RPA