|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to be part of a high performing Analytics and Strategy team for Australia’s largest Supermarket chain? We have an exciting role available in our Finance team!
Woolworths Limited is an iconic Australian company providing our customers with quality, range and value. As a leading ASX listed retailer, we have more than 450,000 shareholders and are proud to be one of Australia’s largest employers, employing over 200,000 people. Our retailing expertise stretches across food & grocery, liquor, petrol, general merchandise and hotels, servicing millions of customers each and every day.
As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities.
About the role
As an Analytics Development Lead, you will play a critical engineering role by planning, developing and uplifting the existing optimisation platform. You will lead the end to end technical delivery across your team, whilst embedding yourself within the business and closely aligning yourself with stakeholders to understand the platform in its entirety.
You will play a key part in the creation of the digital roadmap for this product and work closely with the Data and Insights team to gather requirements.
Woolworths people are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that have extensive experience in leading/managing an engineering team. This role will ideally suit a Technical Lead or an Analytics and Development Lead who is looking for their next career move. You will need to think innovatively, communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) and take ownership and initiative in every aspect of your work. A strong candidate would have work experience and traits as per below:
- Partner with Analytics, Strategy & Data leads
- Manage small development team,
- Develop, maintain and extend our Optimisation Platform
- Work with Analytics Leads to understand new commercial and analytics requirements
- Partner with the Group Data & Analytics Team as well as IT to build and scale technology to fit business needs and solve complex problems
- Continuously improve and reengineer the platform to ensure that it is working at its optimum performance
- Create technical design concepts for simplification of interaction with other Systems
- Align with Non technical business units to gather requirements for continuous improvement
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a Technically hands on Leadership role
- Strong communication style and proven ability in partnering with both technical and non technical stakeholders
- Extensive experience as Python Developer
- Experience with linear optimisation (google OR tools)
- 2 years experience using version control systems e.g. Git
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Pandas, Django, Flask)
- Familiarity with Google Cloud (GCP) and REST
- Experience with building, deploying, administering, and monitoring of Cloud Native applications
- Software architecture, design, implementation, testing, and integration
- Agile development and testing methodologies
- Knowledge of both RDBMS and NoSQL data platforms
- Attention to detail
- A passion to go above and beyond with continued innovation
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.