|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain SME to join the Procurement team
- Key role to support warehouse automation equipment projects
- Based in our Bella Vista oﬃce with excellent facilities and employee beneﬁts with remote working opportunity
It’s a new era for the Woolworths’ Procurement team. We are an enterprise-wide function and our job is to deliver a service that adds value to our business partners. The team is positioned to collaboratively drive continuous improvement across the business, whilst focused on providing excellent customer experiences for our stakeholders.
About the role
The role of Category Manager - Supply Chain Projects will provide expertise to support warehouse automation equipment projects. You will support the Portfolio Manager to implement agreed priorities such as preparing, running and evaluating tender activities, collaborating with stakeholders to achieve desirable procurement outcomes, to achieve best possible and least risk outcomes, develop supporting contract schedules, and prepare documentation required for stakeholder approvals.
In this role, you will balance Supply Chain objectives, Design Engineering, Automation Vendors and best ﬁt approach adhering to Procurement Policies. The category has depth and breadth and encompasses all our leading Brand Banners.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all category influences and provide subject matter expertise.
- Develop & execute sourcing strategies (RFx, Negotiation, Selection, Award).
- Contract Management (administration, development, execution, management).
- Support simultaneous projects across ANZ sites.
- Develop, maintain and grow collaborative and constructive working relationships with stakeholders across key departments including Supply Chain (Primary Connect), Legal, Insurance, Finance, Property etc.
- Develop, implement and manage vendor performance metrics, documents and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship Management plan.
- Manage the central repository for contracts, including activity planning and timely execution of contracts.
- Obtain data from varied sources to identify and support fact-driven opportunities.
- Undertake accurate analysis that is comprehensive, robust and insightful.
- Conduct market analysis and develop insights to drive category strategies.
- Conduct risk analyses and take action as required.
You have demonstrated experience to deliver, execute and manage contracts for complex Supply Chain equipment and maintenance service contracts. You are an effective, communicator and people influencer, able to build relationships with stakeholders across all levels. A strategic thinker with commercial acumen, you are able to navigate complex environments with ease.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a Supply Chain or Engineering role involving procurement of capital equipment or similar.
- Tertiary qualiﬁcation in Supply Chain, Engineering or Procurement related discipline.
- Deep understanding of total cost of ownership principles and value levers.
- Experience in Supply Chain infrastructure, Material Handling Systems / Equipment is highly preferable.
- Competent understanding of contract law and essential contents of equipment design, supply and install contracts.
- Understanding of business and ﬁnancial models.
- Proficient at learning, navigating and utilising systems such as Ariba, Jira, Provalido etc and proficient in using Google Suite applications and/or Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.