Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012, as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services; Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
At NSM, we embrace a culture that fosters corporate diversity and workplace innovation with a strong focus on safety. Where possible, we enjoy flexible working arrangements, helping us find the right balance between our lives at work and at home. Safety is paramount in our industry, and we are committed to protecting the safety of our people, clients, supply chain and our communities. We also recognise that it’s our people who are our greatest asset. We are committed to giving all employees the opportunity to grow their skills, gain valuable experience, develop professionally and work on exciting diverse projects.
About the role
The LNIDS Purchasing Officer will conduct urgent and high priority procurement activities in support of NSM for both services and materials. This position will assist the Logistics Coordinator and work closely with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure urgent and high priority materials and services are available for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. The Material Expeditor will work closely with the URDEF Manager to track and coordinate materials and services to support defect rectification.
- Under the direction of the Logistics Coordinator ensure an effective and productive procurement team
- Work as directed in the raising of urgent and high priority purchase orders and expediting delivery
- Closely managing and tracking the movement of the services or material to support urgent defect rectification
- Under the direction of the Logistics Coordinator engage with members of the Engineering and Maintenance teams in understanding the stores and material requirements for future ships availabilities or defect rectification.
- Engage collaboratively with all suppliers and stakeholders that are members of the NSM Supply Chain to ensure a smooth and efficient procurement process and always providing clear and accurate communication.
- Ensure all procurement Information systems are accurate and the data contained in the systems is well maintained
- Participation in HSE programs and initiatives
- Previous procurement experience, minimum 4 years
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight time restraints.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at different levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands & handle multiple complex tasks
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Experience and understanding in the use of MILIS, LNIDS, SAP and other ERP systems
- Experience working with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) or supporting ADF logistic operations
- Previous experience working in the Defence Industry, specifically in ship repair or sustainment
- Experience in effective supply chain relationships
- Diploma or certificate in logistics or purchasing/procurement