|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Enterprise Architect
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Change agent
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Based in Australia
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Enterprise Architect with the remit to serve as the thought leader for all things architecture for the commercial business unit, and to collaboratively develop technology roadmaps and to design solutions that enable Commercial to achieve its business outcomes using digital, data and innovation.
This role will be entrusted to create a culture of innovation, collaboration and technical excellence that is centred on business value creation whilst aligning technology solutions to strategic technology roadmaps.The role will focus ensuring the “right technology” is selected for the right business outcomes, and will reduce complexity, increase organizational agility and drive competitive advantage for the commercial business
This role is a great opportunity for a forward looking professional who is enthused by the opportunity in playing a key role in the technological journey for our commercial business.
Reporting to the Lead Architect for APAC, you will:
- Be the architecture thought leader for the Commercial business unit, the leader that effectively leverages internal and external talent to deliver world-class architecture for Rio Tinto.
- Deliver technology roadmaps for Commercial that aligns to IS&T strategies and enables the business and digital imperatives.
- Act as a trusted advisor, build and maintain relationships with business partners to develop a clear understanding of business needs and opportunities for technology solution advancements/improvements.
- Drive disruption to business models using emerging technologies whilst removing roadblocks and enable strategic risk taking.
- Be intimate with the advancements and emerging technologies within your line of business, routinely publish points of view and rally sponsorship by actionable business cases that are socialized with business and IS&T leadership
- Define and enforce architecture principles & standards through active participation in Architecture Review Board.
- Exhibit high level of emotional intelligence, empathy and confidence in all dealings.
- Identify opportunities to standardize technology landscape for improved efficiency, effectiveness, & risk management, and increased business responsiveness.
- Participate in the authoring of strategies, reference architecture, standards and transformation plans that permits prudent investing and provides actionable “guardrails” to align project/programs solutions.
- Maintain architecture fluency, relevance and “edge” by engaging in active projects to provide expert advice, support Hub architect leaders, and solve problems.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualified or higher in IT, Engineering, or related business degree
- At least 10 years of experience in varying IT roles focused on delivery, operational excellence, engineering and/or architecture with increasing levels of responsibility.
- At least 5 years of experience in architecture and at least one of the following IT disciplines (application development, infrastructure and operations) in a large corporate or equivalent consulting environment.
- At least 3 years of experience leading technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to balance long-term ("big-picture") and short-term implications of architecture decisions.
- Demonstrated experience influencing key decision makers/senior/C-level executives and large, cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development of business capability maps.
- High emotional IQ, and ability to quickly shift to/from technical and business discussions at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience with delivering strategy, roadmaps, reference architecture and standards; experience in development of business cases.
- Direct experience in solution architecture role for line of business, with measurable results.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Previous leadership experience with increasing scope of responsibility.
- Familiarity with S&OP, Marine/Logistics and/or end-to-end supply chain optimization.
- Familiarity with trading and/or financial services line of business.
- Experience in organization which have embraced agile development and product line management.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design & development and the ability to lead transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- MBA or an advanced degree in a Technology field preferred.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Commercial puts the company’s valueover volume approach into practice, with the goal of maximizing the value ofour physical flows to improve both our business and that of our customers. Headquartered in Singapore, and integratedwith Rio Tinto’s assets, hubs, and offices globally, our Commercial group workshand-in-hand with our product groups to ensure both the amount and types ofproducts we produce meet our customer’s needs, and manage the trade-off betweenvolumes, quality, cost and capital expenditure.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars andsmartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bringwater to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help cropsgrow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long historyis filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and bestquality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries acrosssix continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Application Deadline: 10th May 2021
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”