|Job Type:||Full Time|
UGL is one of the leading providers of maintenance services to Australia’s oil and gas industry. We are a trusted partner to most of Australia’s major producers and distributors of oil, fuel, and LNG in both onshore and offshore settings.
Our operations and maintenance offer is delivered by a team that thrives on solving our clients’ operational challenges and improving their cost base and service efficiency.
With project and production certainty being paramount, we draw on the best of our commercial, project, risk, technology and people management skills to deliver excellence at the lowest whole-of-life cost.
MAINTENANCE MANAGER - EAST
The Maintenance Manager – East position has accountability for all aspects of the performance of UGL’s services to our client. UGL’s services include leading the delivery of preventative based maintenance program, supporting reactive and corrective works program and delivery of minor capital projects and our performance measured against safety, quality, cost schedule and people outcomes. In this position you will be expected to advance the Maintenance and overhaul management systems, incorporating leading technology, innovation and industry best practice whilst leading key stakeholder interactions for a number of operating fuel facilities across the east coast of Australia.
About the role;
- Reporting to the National Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Manager - East is responsible for the safety, quality, scoping, delivery, budget control, commissioning, handover and Operations interface for all aspects of the East Maintenance portfolio
- Oversee contract management and commercial execution of the contract ensuring all risks are mitigated and deliverables achieved whilst always managing the relationship with the client to achieve mutually satisfactory project outcomes
- Manage a team of resources to deliver this portfolio of work, including Superintendents, Supervisors, Maintenance Planners & Blue Collar trades
- Manage the resources for the team for maintenance workloads and when appropriate, engage specialist external service providers to supplement the in-house resources
- Ensure all maintenance documentation is verified and uploaded in a control manner into the computerised maintenance management system (CMMCS)
- Understand the operational requirements of the facility to ensure that its operation is not impacted
- Ensuring all break-down maintenance is conducted within contract set time limits and to safety and quality standards, fault finding and trouble shooting
- Initiate continuous improvement activities and develop and deliver innovative solutions which drive client and internal cost savings and improved efficiencies
- Oversight of the scheduling and coordinating of activities, tracking of progress and cost of services delivered to the contract in line with the expectations of UGL and the client
- Create an engaged workforce so turnover is low and people are developed and rewarded for their effort
- Education and development of strategic plans to improve and integrate maintenance delivery scopes including asset reliability, work management cycle and capital portfolio management
- Oversee equipment stock holding levels to ensure critical spares are maintained
- Identify the requirement for RCA investigations following asset failures and lead these to ensure improvements are identified and implemented
- Flexible to travel as works require
- Appropriate Engineering or Project Management qualification including extensive Oil & Gas/Chemical industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in operating at a senior management position within the contracting/maintenance industry
- Knowledge of and exposure to mechanical equipment including pumps, piping, valves and hydrocarbon storage tanks
- Familiar with electrical, control system and automations concepts
- Extensive experience in managing and leading multi discipline teams
- Experience with operational requirements of maintenance contracts to ensure delivery of best practice
- Highly developed understanding of cost & schedule impacts using planning reports and able to provide mitigation strategies
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation and leadership skills
- Financial management and project controls skills are essential
What makes you right for UGL;
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.