|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Wholesale Payments Operations Associate role is for a key member of the team in Sydney, Australia. As an Operations Associate, you will be accountable for managing High Value Clearing, Low Value Clearing, Cheque clearing, BPAY, Cross Border Payments, FX Payments and Merchant Acquiring operations for Australia and New Zealand. This role also involve strong governance and oversight skills to partner with the offshore teams. A critical part of this role requires you to possess strong knowledge of local banking processes, products and regulations pertaining to payments and clearing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Independently manage High Value (RTGS), Low Value (BECS), Cheque clearing, BPAY, Cross Border and FX Payments operations
- Driving and executing the strategy that supports the business objectives and manage all internal and external service level agreements and cut offs
- Partner with local and regional teams for day to day operations related matters and assist and drive key projects, daily tasks and exception management
- Manage the regulatory reporting functions. Develop strong understanding of the local regulatory requirements and ensure strict adherence to the specifications.
- Ensure daily tasks are completed within stipulated timelines. All exceptions and enquiries from local and regional teams are addressed in a timely manner and ability to investigate and reconcile nostro and wash account breaks
- Liaise with partner banks on regular basis, review and update service level agreements, have periodical calls with all partner banks to ensure the policies and procedures are updated
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline with minimum 5 years of Banking experience with an emphasis on low value (BECS) and High Value clearing payments processing
- Hands on experience in Banking, including domestic and cross border payments, Merchant Acquiring, Trade Finance and Liquidity Operations
- Sound knowledge of eComm products like payments through cards, merchant acquiring and a track record of executing and managing significant change agendas locally and regionally
- Strong influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent process and analytical skills with the ability to work in a complex, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and develop strong partnerships across diverse teams