At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Superintendent Surveying, you will provide the safe and effective delivery of surveying services required by our mining and exploration operations in the East Pilbara. Ensuring the provision of accurate, consistent and timely services to meet customer requirements.
This is a 12 Month Fixed Term contract with potential to go permanent at end of contract.
Your success in this role will be measured by the consistent delivery of effective, value adding survey services to the business, as well as zero harm and the ongoing reduction of risk through visible safety leadership and reporting.
In this role you will:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Carry out all Surveying activities to support mining operations.
- Support the standardisation and continuous improvement of effective Surveying processes.
- Cultivate positive relationships with customers through effective communication and consultation.
We have a strong focus on having diverse and inclusive members in our team with the right values and technical capability, but also who can communicate and are keen to engage and work as part of a team.
The following is desired to be successful in this role;
- Completion of a qualification in Surveying, Spatial sciences or another related discipline.
- Alignment to the BHP Charter Values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
- Have a WA C-Class drivers licence
- Good communication skills.
- Being able to demonstrate an understanding of how to manage risks.
- Being agile and enthusiastic in response to change.
You relate well with people, allowing you to communicate confidently and build strong working relationships with your team and key stakeholders. There will be aspects of working autonomously, so you are able to independently problem solve, complementary to your strong planning and scheduling skills.
In this dynamic role you will work across our mine sites based in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia including; Whaleback, Eastern Ridge and Jimblebar on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off roster (or 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off if preferred). Our FIFO villages have a wide range of facilities and all rooms have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.