At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from team members who are interested to join our talented team within the Production team as Underground Truck Operators. Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for contributing to the day to day operations of achieving department targets in a safe and efficient manner.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results.
- Able to follow relevant processes and procedures within your department.
- Be a team player who is self-motivated.
- Willing to learn and contribute to promoting a supportive and positive team culture.
- A valid Driver’s Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
To be considered for these positions it is not considered essential to have prior experience within the Mining industry. We are seeking applications from individuals who are keen to learn new skills, have a proactive attitude and willing to be part of a high performing, collaborative team.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.