We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people looking to start or continue their career in mining. At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
BHP is a leading global resources company. Our Minerals Australia business includes operations in Western Australia, Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia, focusing on iron ore, nickel, metallurgical coal, energy coal and copper.
Indigenous Peoples are critical partners and stakeholders in many of BHP operations both within Australia and around the world. Many of our operations are located on or near lands traditionally owned by or under the customary use of Indigenous Peoples and the long-term nature of our operations allows us to establish long lasting relationships with these Indigenous communities.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest from team members who are interested to join our talented team within the Production team as Underground Truck Operators. Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for contributing to the day to day operations of achieving department targets in a safe and efficient manner.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace.
- Operate all plant in a safe manner.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- You will have an overriding commitment to health, safety and the environment
- You work well in a team, are a good communicator and have the ability to work autonomously;
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results.
- Able to follow relevant processes and procedures within your department.
- Be a team player who is self-motivated.
- Willing to learn and contribute to promoting a supportive and positive team culture.
- A valid Driver’s Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
To be considered for these positions it is not considered essential to have prior experience within the Mining industry. We are seeking applications from individuals who are keen to learn new skills, have a proactive attitude and willing to be part of a high performing, collaborative team.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and this position will only be open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position/these positions is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth),and s 65 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (SA).
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In South Australia, BHP has a deep commitment to the traditional owners of the land upon which it operates. We strongly encourage applications from Kokatha, Barngarla, Kuyani, Dieri and Arabana peoples together with other traditional owners. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our 2017 – 2021 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). For more information about our RAP, please visit here.
These are full time positions. We are open to discussing flexible work arrangements that suit you - including varied roster arrangements, part-time or job share alternatives.