|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport Planner | Yennora Location
Due to forecasted growth, we have identified future opportunities for a Transport Planner to join our team. Therefore, we would like to hear from experienced individuals looking to take on their next challenge or make a change on their career journey.
- Sydney location at our Yennora Support Office
- Join our Primary Connect team (part of the Woolworths group) to support the transport planning needs of our supplier partners, across all Woolworths Group brands and commodities
- Be a part of one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
Working in a passionate and supportive team, time will be spent building relationships and managing stakeholder engagement, as well as:
- Perform daily transport planning activities on the Transport Management System (TMS)
- Ensure On-Time Delivery (OTD) target is achieved at all times
- Provide customer service to Woolworths suppliers with transportation requirements
- Follow up and resolve manual exceptions and issues
- Carry out preliminary Investigations of carrier and vendor claims
- Escalate unresolved issues to the Transport Planning Manager
- Ensure external and internal stakeholder expectations are met
- Communicate daily with replenishment, warehouses, vendors and transport carriers as required
- Generate reports using TMS and Business Objects
- Monitor and follow up to ensure carriers and suppliers are adhering to Chain of Responsibility (COR) at all times
- Handle transport planning for multiple lanes simultaneously
Who we’re looking for
Our Operations Team is currently seeking expressions of interest from a highly motivated, passionate individual to the challenging role of Transport Planner. Woolworths Primary Connect business provides a reliable and convenient transport service from suppliers facilities to Woolworths DC across Australia. Primary Connect contributes to more than 50% of the volume into Woolworths DCs. To be successful you will:
- Have exposure to the transport & logistics industry ideally
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Be experienced in working in a target driven environment
- Have a proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Have excellent systems and computer skills
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.