Requisition ID: 41292
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Civil Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Civil Site Development team in Brisbane.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Civil design activities leading to the delivery of IFC packages in relation to rail, infrastructure and mining projects.
- Prepare, review and check engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports
- Review and check engineering drawings for technical correctness and consistency
- Provide input to engineering, operating and cost estimates
- Lead in and contribute to design reviews
- Lead the way on design from tender through feasibility to detailed design
- Client/Stakeholder management
- Manage commercial aspects of projects
- Assist on bidding and tenders
- Mentor junior staff
You will bring to the role:
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of rail, mining and infrastructure design is required.
- Experience in the coordination, design and delivery of civil projects within multi-disciplinary projects
- Safety awareness and good attitude toward safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative and inclusive work style
- Applicants with RPEQ and CPEng will be well regarded
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Full-time, permanent role with a tier-one engineering consultancy
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen, hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.