|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Central Hawkes Bay Transport Services team are looking for a physically fit and motivated person to join our crew and lend a helping hand as a Handyperson based In Waipawa. If you are looking for a role where you can make a difference then we want to hear from you!
About the role:
In this role, you will assist our maintenance crew carrying out carpentry work, this role will include general labouring duties working on site rails, ridges, sign maintenance, formwork and so much more.
As a Handyperson, you will work as a dedicated player as you may also be required to work on the weekends. This role enables you to display your leadership qualities by working with a small team, planning project work and controlling site quality and safety!
You will also:
- Help with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensure efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Work as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Be open and willing to develop your skill set and advance your career
If you enjoy spending your day outdoors and on your feet, this could be the role for you!
So what do we offer?
- Stable working environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
Along with your positive attitude and your commitment to safe workplace practices there are a few essentials to what we are looking for:
- You will hold a minimum Class 1 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence (WTR endorsements beneficial)
- Proven experience in a similar field is advantageous
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 579944 apply.
Otherwise visit our depot and fill in an application form and drop off your up to date resume:
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles; to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application would not be considered.