At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Surveyor to join one of our Surveying teams in the Bowen Basin. Reporting to a Regional Survey Superintendent and using the latest technology, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of day to day survey requirements, and be given opportunities for technical and professional development.
In this Role you will:
- Perform End of Month surveys and calculations
- Perform surveys to maintain mine models
- Maintain inventory and reporting systems
- Complete compliance reporting
- Provide survey services to mining, infrastructure, exploration and rehabilitation activities
- Maintain Survey Plans
- Identify and execute opportunities to improve existing systems and processes
You will possess tertiary qualifications in Surveying. Other attributes may include:
- Experience using GPS equipment, total stations, terrestrial scanners, Vulcan software and UAV technology advantageous
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.