|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development, flexible work practices and partner with various Defence programs
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Financial Controls Specialist - Auditing in our Finance Governance team based at our Adelaide CBD office. You will also have the flexibility to work from home on occasions.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Senior Financial Controls Specialist – Auditing to provide their financial controls and auditing expertise and partner with the entire business. Reporting to the Accounting Manager – Governance, you will be part of an inclusive and supportive Finance Governance team, performing interesting work and will be employed on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Senior Financial Controls Specialist - Auditing, you will contribute to the establishment, monitoring and enhancement of the business enterprise financial controls framework.
This opportunity will see you:
- Support the management of the financial controls framework and the financial audit program, including undertaking finance risk and control assessment
- Test financial controls against audit programs and report to senior management
- Collaborate with and coach a range of teams to achieve and maintain a high level of financial governance
- Identify, recommend and implement financial controls process improvements
- Document and update financial controls policies and procedures, and ensure compliance across the business
- Address and resolve financial controls deficiencies with key stakeholders
- Contribute toward the fraud risk management process and the disaster recovery planning
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A tertiary degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Extensive experience in auditing or financial controls
- A Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) accreditation
- Knowledge of risk based internal audit methodology, Australian accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills coupled with self-motivation and a flexible attitude
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.