|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapons, Ammunition & Protection.
RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capability to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection, and sustainment.
About the Team
Working embedded with the client as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Software Engineer / Programmer will be required to work under the general guidance of DST Group, maintaining and supporting an existing Data Acquisition and Control Systems and providing programming support to network and computing infrastructure.
About the role
As the Software Engineer / Programmer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Provide programming support, including maintenance and documentation of an existing data acquisition and control systems software suite;
- Maintain a suite of device drivers;
- Monitor and verify the status of systems and applications;
- Undertake System Administrator duties on a standalone network;
- Undertake tasks within allocated budget and timeframe;
- Facilitate collaboration with RDA staff and clients;
- Maintain strict confidentiality;
- Comply with RDA policies and improvements; and
- Ensure your conduct is at all times professional, reputable and in accordance with the philosophy and direction of RDA.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in the relevant discipline;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development of software systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in real-time programming;
- Experience with C, Unix daemons and shell scripts, and X Windows applications;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with real-time operating systems, multi-thread processes and inter-process communication techniques;
- Understanding of data acquisition principles and hardware;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, consultation and negotiation skills;
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening; and
- An ability to travel internationally and interstate when and if required.
What's on offer?
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
Join an inclusive culture
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
If you are ready to take the next step, Apply Now!
Rheinmetall may use various recruitment and selection tools and techniques as part of our process, such as video interviewing, online assessments, face-to-face interviews and assessment centres.
The preferred candidate will be required to complete RDA’s background checks including pre-employment verification and national police checks.
Applications close: 23 April 2021
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please call Michael Bernard on 0438 833 043