Requisition ID: 41407
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modeling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Surface Water Engineer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Hydrotechnical group in Brisbane.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate, you will;
- Carry out technical surface water management primarily in the resources sector to support environmental approvals, existing operations and closure.
- Undertake hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for flood studies as well as watercourse diversions
- Work from concept through to detailed design and construction of water infrastructure.
- Conduct water balance calculation for mine sites
- Ability to travel to site where you will gain exposure to various stakeholders
You will bring to the role;
- A degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- 2 to 5 years’ experience as a Water Engineer
- Prior Australian experience within the industrial and mining sectors
- Prior experience is hydraulic structure design such as spillway, bridge and culvert design
- Ability to utilise hydrotechnical software packages such as RORB, XP-RAFTS, WBNM, HEC-RAS (1D & 2D) and TUFLOW.
- Ability to use ArcGIS, QGIS, AutoCAD and 12D.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Collaborative, inclusive work environment
To be considered for this role you must have current work rights in Australia (i.e. Australian Citizen, a permanent resident or eligible work visa).
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.