At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are looking to engage with experienced tradespeople to join our team at our Newman operations, living residentially & enjoying our lifestyle roster (4D/5 off/5N/4 off/5D/5 off/4N/5 off/5D/ 4 off/5N/5 off). You will be working at our Whaleback mine site.
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Mobile Equipment Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations;
- Commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility & sustainable development;
- Work with your Supervisor to collaborate with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work;
- Dispatch and KPI reporting systems kept up to date, reflect actual equipment status for down time, data is analysed to identify trends & target improvement opportunities;
- Adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Complete Field Leadership activities as per KPI’S and maintain a valid Pit Permit
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Strong Field equipment mechanical maintenance competency, with diagnostic abilities for our large fleet of Liebherr 996/9400 and Epiroc pv271/D65
- Heavy Duty Mechanical trade, with Mobile Maintenance experience
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Experience in mining maintenance environments
- Capability in 1SAP desirable
- C Class manual driver’s license
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.